Seacoast Science Center will is now open for public visits on Saturdays and Sundays all summer long!
What to Expect
What exhibits or areas will be open at Seacoast Science Center?
- Marine Mammals of the Gulf of Maine
- Gulf of Maine Exhibit Hall (live animal aquaria)
- Indoor Tide Pool Touch Tank, lower section
- Restoring Reefs Exhibition Gallery (minus select hands-on interactives)
- NH Beaches Exhibition (without access to sand table or plink game)
- Working Underwater Exhibition Gallery (without access to diver‘s helmet)
- Nature Store
What will not be open or not occur at this time?
Exhibit stations with high-touch surfaces will be modified or closed for your safety; the children’s Discovery Dock is closed. In lieu of group programs, our naturalists will be at-the-ready with Choose Your Own Adventure guides that offer a range of fun activities to help you explore the diverse habitats and history of the park with your family.
Summer 2020 Hours of Operation
Saturday-Sunday: Open 10am-4pm
Monday-Friday: Closed to the public; Seaside Safari Day Camp in session
It is highly recommended that all visitors purchase admission tickets in advance to ensure entry. Admission is limited to less than 50% capacity per 2-hour time slot. You may choose to visit our facility from 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm. Walk-in visits to SSC are subject to availability. You must have reservations to enter OPSP.
Admission & Tickets
To ensure safety and accessibility for our members, our community, and visiting guests, the following has been established:
- Advance tickets are available for 2-hour time slots (10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm).
- Non-members must pay an entry fee to Odiorne Point State Park (payable when purchasing SSC admission tickets).
- If you are a non-member visiting Odiorne Point State Park only, you should make reservations through NH State Parks.
- If you are an SSC member visiting Odiorne Point State Park only, you should make reservations through SSC.
- Walk-in visits to the Center are subject to availability and must register at the admissions desk.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged.
- Tickets reflect the date and 2-hour slot for which admission is valid and may not be used at another time.
- If you must change your reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservation changes require 7 days notice.
- Please see here for information on Safety Protocols and Guidelines.
Seacoast Science Center Admission
SSC admission does not include required Odiorne Point State Park fee; see dates below.
SSC Phone: 603-436-8043
- Ages 13-Adult: $10
- Seniors (65+): $8
- Active Duty Military & Veterans (with ID): $8
- Ages 3-12: $5
- Under age 3: FREE
- Members: FREE
Odiorne Point State Park Admission
Charged daily Memorial Day–Labor Day, weekends in May and September, and Indigenous Peoples’ Day, 8am-4pm.
OPSP Phone: 603-436-6507
- Ages 12-Adult: $4
- Ages 6-11: $2
- Under age 6: FREE
- NH Residents, 65+: FREE
Seacoast Science Center
Odiorne Point State Park
Rt. 1A, 570 Ocean Blvd., Rye NH 03870