ROGER WILLIAMS PARK ZOO HOSTS JACK-O-LANTERN SPECTACULAR, CELEBRATING 75 YEARS OF TELEVISION. Runs 9/29-10/31
Everyone should put down the remote, shut off their streaming service and make sure they don’t miss this year’s Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular, celebrating 75 years of television. Presented by Citizens, guests will share in the nostalgia of their favorite tv shows, artistically carved on thousands of pumpkins. From Mr. Ed to The Walking Dead, this year’s Spectacular has something for everyone. Visitors will have a “yabba-dabba-do time” while “taking a break from all their troubles,” as the show’s musical theme songs accompany the experience.
All tickets are only available online and must be purchased in advance.
Prime Nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday): Available for purchase ONLINE ONLY and timed ticket entry requires pre-registration.
- Adult $21; Child $18 (ages 2-12); toddlers 1 and under are always free
Value Nights (Monday through Thursday): Available for purchase ONLINE ONLY and timed ticket entry requires pre-registration.
- Adult $18, Child $15 (ages 2-12); toddlers 1 and under are always free
Roger Williams Park Zoo members save $2 off adult and $1 off child tickets nightly. Members must purchase their tickets online.
Family Fun Nights: 6:00 – 8:00 pm Included with the price of admission*
- Family Fun Nights have special themes for the whole family. Enjoy meet & greets with your favorite costumed characters before hopping on the pumpkin trail.
- All events are 6:00 – 8:00 pm and included in the price of the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular ticket. (* Guests must be in the line by 7:45 pm )
Fairy Tale Nights
- Tuesdays: October 11 & 18 – Meet and take photos with your favorite fairy tale princesses and princes
- Wednesdays: October 12 & 19 – Meet and take photos with your favorite superhero characters
Special Sensory-Friendly Nights
- An hour before the trail opens to the public: designed for those with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences and their families from 5:00 – 6:00 pm on Tuesday, October 25 and Wednesday, October 26th. The over 5000 pumpkins will light up the Zoo’s Wetlands Trail for maximum enjoyment, but there will be no music or special effects.
- Tickets are available for purchase in person only at the Zoo’s admissions booth. Check rwpzoo.org/jols for ticket information.
Spooky Zoo is back, offering daytime outdoor autumn activities for the whole family! Come trick-or-treat (while supplies last) on Saturday, October 22nd, and October 29th from 10:00-3:00 pm. Activities are free with Zoo admission and costumes are encouraged. All activities are weather permitting and while supplies last. Rain dates are Sunday, October 23rd, and October 30th.
Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular is open rain or shine. In the case of light to moderate rain, the show will be open. There will be no refunds or rescheduling. Please call in advance, check the website or visit Facebook for updates and weather policy.
Proceeds from the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular support the Zoo’s ongoing animal care, education programs and conservation initiatives. Thank you for helping us save wildlife and wild places!
FOR INFORMATION AND TO PURCHASE TICKETS https://www.rwpzoo.org/jols
Photo Credit: Courtesy of the Roger Williams Park Zoo
(Please note that this image is representative of a previous year and not a specific example from the 2022 Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular).
Roger Williams Zoo Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular
1000 Elmwood Ave, Providence, RI 02905
September 29-October 31, 2022
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for the SKC e-newsletter!