Sneak Peek! CMNH’s 11th annual NH Maker Fest happening in Dover on Saturday, June 3, 10am-3pm.
Saturday, June 3, 10am-3pm is the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire’s 11th annual NH Maker Fest in downtown Dover, and the day will be filled with hands-on discovery. The Fest, organized and hosted by the museum, is a gathering of over 30 local Makers of all kinds willing to share what they love to do, and curious visitors who enjoy learning new things. “This year we have a Rube Goldberg machine expert, a former American Idol singer/songwriter, student entrepreneurs, artisans, crafters, robotics, STEM educators, authors, a worm bin, and even dueling giant trebuchets!” shared Jane Bard, CMNH President. “It’s going to be a fun day!”
Sneak Peak at some of the Makers
Rube Goldberg Machine Expert
Zach Umperovitch from Merrimack, NH
Zach Umperovitch is a Rube Goldberg Machine expert but also so much more! He is the co-Host & creator of the Discovery Channel’s “Contraption Masters”, Guinness World Records breaker for the largest chain reactions ever built, owner and creative lead of ZynnLabs – an inventing collaborative comprised of the worlds top kinetic artists, engineers, and designers who combine art with technology to create video and film production projects that promote interaction, inspiration, and amazement, just to name a few! Hear him speak and present about some amazing contraptions! Learn more about Zach here https://rubegoldbergmachineexpert.com/
Acton Academy Seacoast’s Children’s Business Fair
The Chidlren’s Museum of New Hampshire’s next door neighbors happen to be some talented young inventors and entrepreneurs from Acton Academy Seacoast, and this year they’ve combined the NH Maker Fest with their Business Fair! Come support these hard working kids who will be selling products and services, ranging from food, to crafts, to face painting and maybe even a dunk booth! Learn more about Acton Academy Seacoast here https://actonseacoast.org/
Jack Dalton from Manchester, NH
Jack Dalton is a 12-year-old Animal Activist, Author, Public Speaker, and Educational YouTuber! He will be at this year’s Fest selling his book Kawan the Orangutan: Lost in the Rainforest, and educating guests on Orangutans. There may even be an immersive orangutan virtual reality experience for everyone to try. Learn more about Jack here https://www.kidconservationist.com/
Former American Idol Contestant Singer/Songwriter
Harrison Goodell from Dover, NH
Local singer/songwriter Harrison Goodell will perform some of his lyrically driven Folk-Pop music at this year’s Fest. He strives to relay relatability through his honest and introspective telling of growing up, learning to love, and the struggles which come with it. Harrison recently had the opportunity to be a part of the 21st season of American Idol on ABC, where he made it as a contestant to Hollywood Week. Learn more about Harrison here http.harrisongoodellmusic.com/
The Makers take over the inside of the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, as well as outside in the upper part of Henry Law Park, including performances on the Rotary Arts Pavilion stage.
Other FEST FUN will include:
- The Port City Makerspace will be launching ice balls into the Cochecho River with two dueling giant trebuchets
- The Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains will have their giant STEM van inside the Fest doing a hands-on activity.
- Author Carolyn Watkins will have her book “The Knock” on display, which is about a military family learning to cope with the stress of a long deployment and its eventual consequences.
- CharlieTag is a new business launching an on-the-go QR code service for child safety and dependent support, and they will be on hand to talk about their product launch.
- The Woodman Museum will be providing a kid-friendly exhibit featuring historic games to play like hopscotch and hoop & stick.
- Fest sponsor Albany Engineered Composites will be offering a turtle and butterfly weaving activity to try and take home.
- Representatives from the Seacoast Permaculture group will be on hand with their worm bin to talk about how to handle worms and create a vermiculture in your own home.
- Soul Shine Tie Dye is a woman-owned tie dye and screen printing business, and they’ll be selling their wares as well as offering take-home tie dye projects.
- Members of the 501st New England Garrison, a group of Star Wars cosplay enthusiasts, will be roaming the Fest as your favorite characters and posing for photos.
While the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire exhibits will be filled with Makers, there are still a few exhibits open for playtime. Entrance into the Fest is by a suggested $5/person donation, and no reservations are required, but online tickets can be purchased in advance.
The museum would like to thank its generous sponsors including lead sponsors Kennebunk Savings Bank, Breezeline, Eversource, and New Hampshire Public Television. Other Maker Fest sponsors include Alexander Technology Group, Albany Engineered Composites, Chinburg Properties, Beswick Engineering, Martel Plumbing & Heating, and QA Café.
To learn more about the NH Maker Fest, visit www.childrens-museum.org.
About the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire
The 501(c)(3) not-for-profit Children’s Museum of New Hampshire is located at 6 Washington Street in Dover and offers two levels of hands-on, interactive exhibits for children from newborn to middle school. Children can explore a wide range of subjects, from dinosaurs, music and aeronautics to world cultures, art, natural history, and S.T.E.A.M.. Open year-round, the Silver LEED-certified museum specializes in creating memorable family learning experiences and works closely with schools, social service agencies, and educators. A central part of the museum’s mission is ensuring accessibility, and the “Reach All Initiative” works towards this goal by welcoming over 28% of yearly visitors for free or reduced admission. The museum also hosts a variety of live performances, workshops, classes and special events for families. For more information, please call the museum at (603) 742-2002 or visit www.childrens-museum.org
Children’s Museum of New Hampshire
6 Washington Street, Dover NH 603-742-2002