- This event has passed.
Family Nature Programs with Seacoast Science Center (ages 5+)
May 28 @ 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
One event on May 21, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on June 11, 2022 at 1:00 PM
One event on June 25, 2022 at 1:00 PM
One event on July 9, 2022 at 1:00 PM
One event on July 24, 2022 at 1:00 PM
One event on August 6, 2022 at 1:00 PM
One event on August 20, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on September 3, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on May 28, 2022 at 1:00 PM
One event on June 18, 2022 at 1:00 PM
One event on July 17, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on September 4, 2022 at 10:30 AM
One event on August 7, 2022 at 1:00 PM
Sign up to join us for a naturalist-led nature program!
Family Tide Pooling
Tide pools are special places, home to an array of fascinating animals and seaweeds uniquely adapted to thrive between the tides—the rocky intertidal zone. Join us for guided tide pooling explorations as we search for crabs, sea stars, urchins and more! You’ll want to come prepared to get wet for this program! Close-toed water shoes or rain boots are best for navigating the slippery rocky shore.
- Saturday April 23 1:00-3:00 pm
- Sunday May 8 10:30 am-12:30 pm Members ONLY
- Saturday May 21 10:30 am-12:30 pm
- Saturday June 11 1:00-3:00 pm
- Sunday June 12 1:00-3:00 pm Members ONLY
- Saturday June 25 1:00-3:00 pm
- Saturday July 9 1:00-3:00 pm
- Sunday July 10 1:00-3:00 pm Members ONLY
- Saturday July 23 1:00-3:00 pm Members ONLY
- Sunday July 24 1:00-3:00 pm
- Saturday August 6 1:00-3:00 pm
- Saturday August 20 10:30 am-12:30 pm
- Sunday August 21 10:30 am-12:30 pm Members ONLY
- Saturday September 3 10:30 am-12:30 pm
Nature Journaling is a fun activity for all ages a great way for families to spend creative time together. In this session, we will first head outdoors to practice the art of observation and connect with our surroundings. Then, we will guide you through the process of journal building, and illustrating and writing about your findings. You will walk away with lots of ideas for nature journalling on your own. There is no experience necessary and all materials are provided.
- Nature Journaling Schedule
- Saturday May 28 1:00-3:00 pm
- Saturday June 18 1:00-3:00 pm
Salt Marsh Investigation
The salt marsh is a unique and very important ecosystem situated between land and sea that serves as a nursery, sponge, filter, food source, and migratory safe haven for animals and humans alike. Come learn about this important ecosystem and visit the salt marsh up close! You’ll gain new appreciation for this beautiful and productive habitat.
- Sunday July 17 10:30 am-12:30 pm
- Sunday September 4 10:30 am-12:30 pm
Marine Debris and Beach Clean Up
Every year, about eight to twelve million metric tons of plastic is discarded into our ocean all around the world. Be a part of the solution to ocean pollution and learn about the impact of marine debris on our oceans and the sustainable changes we can make to reduce our plastic footprint. A short beach cleanup of Odiorne Point State Parks’ beautiful shoreline will follow our presentation!
- Sunday August 7 1:00-3:00 pm
Program Length: 2 hours, with time to explore SSC after the program
Non-member Cost: $15 ages 12-adult, $10 ages 3-11
Member Cost: $5 all ages (Member-only days are FREE!)
Programs are best for ages 5 and up. Space is limited to 20 participants per session.