Seacoast Science Center’s “Night at the Museum: Protect our Ocean Playground” on 4/26!
Dive into learning during STEM programs at Night at the Museum, an after-hours series for families!
Fun, learning, and marine science collide at SSC after-hours! Each Night at the Museum program features a different theme and new SSC partners and friends to help us learn about important local and global ocean conservation topics. Check out the schedule for themes, dates and times. Registration opens one month in advance of each program.
Protect our Ocean Playground: Healthy waves and beaches
April 26, 201; 6:00-8:00pm
Surfers, divers, boaters, ocean animals, and beachgoers all share the waves, and it is our responsibility to keep the ocean and our beaches healthy. Splash into some fun as we celebrate our local beaches and waves with friends from the local surf and dive shops, and talk to neighborhood experts who have some innovative ideas about keeping the coast clean. Wear your Hawaiian shirts and leis, because Palm Court Serenaders, a local ukulele band, will be here to get us in the mood!
- Check out a trash skimmer specially built for marinas and see how it works
- Design a poster or video to help us protect our Blue Planet
- Learn about and try surfboards and dive gear
- Discover how our Marine Mammal Rescue team responds to seals on the beach and get hands-on with a mock seal rescue
- Learn how you can make keep our beaches clean and our ocean healthy
- Meet our friends from Surfrider NH, Clean Ocean Access, Cinnamon Rainbows, and Atlantic Aquasports
- SSC Members: $2.50 per person or $10 per family (up to 6)
- Non-Members: $5 per person or $20 per family (up to 6)
- Register now!
Seacoast Science Center
Odiorne Point State Park
Rt. 1A, 570 Ocean Blvd., Rye NH 03870