Ready to skate? Check out the seacoast’s Outdoor Ice Rinks Directory!
Looking for some outdoor skating this season? Fun! Check out this list of rinks open on the seacoast.
Disclaimer: Listed here are only outdoor rinks, not small, private ponds because 1) Those who know about the small ponds like to keep them a secret, and 2) I’m terrified of anyone falling through some ice. Safety first.
Further down this article, you’ll find a full list of outdoor skating rinks in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine, just in case you happen to be taking a road trip and find yourself near one. See you on the ice!
NOTE: Always call ahead before traveling to a rink. Weather is a big factor of open/close times and ice conditions.
Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond is a carefully designed ice skating rink with 12,500 square feet of professionally maintained ice surface. Labrie Family Skate offers public skating, pond hockey for children and adults and skating lessons for all ages. Rental skates and sharpening services are available.
Take a skate break with a wide selection of delicious baked goods, sandwiches, hot cocoa and tasty treats at The Figtree Kitchen Café.
Stratham Hill Park Ice Skating Rink
270 Portsmouth Ave, Stratham NH (603) 608-8199
Status: Open from sunrise-9pm (as of 1/16/19)
The Town of Stratham has an outdoor ice skating rink just under an acre is size! The surface has an area for playing ice hockey and another area for those just looking to skate. There is a fire ring and a warm hut at the end closest to the main parking lot.
The rink does offer lights for night skating (switch is in the warming hut). Please check with the town before heading over to the Park to skate. Rink users are asked to Park in the main lot, please don’t attempt to drive down to the rink.
Churchill Rink at Jackson’s Landing in Durham is a regulation sized ice skating rink owned and operated by the Town of Durham, NH. The facility is open to residents of all communities and offers amenities such as changing rooms, snack bar, skate sharpening, skate rentals, and rest rooms.
The rink features a roof with open sides which creates the illusion users are skating outdoors when in fact they are under cover. Jackson’s Landing is a waterfront park featuring a playground, walking trails, boat landing, boat house, and Churchill Rink.
Outdoor Ice Skating in New Hampshire
- Bow Town Pond next to the Bow Community Center in Bow, NH
- Dorrs Pond adjacent to Livingston Park in Manchester, NH
- Jackson’s Landing, Durham NH
- Lion’s Club Skating Rink, Somersworth NH
- Loon Mountain Rink, Lincoln NH
- Nestlenook Victorian Skating Park, Jackson, NH
- Mount Washington Resort Skating Rink, Bretton Woods, NH
- Occom Pond, Hanover, NH
- Robin Hood Park, Keene NH
- The Tohko Dome Skating Rink at King Pine Purity Spring Resort, New Madison, NH
- Stratham Hill Park, Stratham NH
Outdoor Ice Skating in Massachusetts
- Auburndale Cove Ice Skating, Newton, MA
- Enchanted Ice at Jordan’s Furniture in Avon, MA
- Jack Kirrane Ice Skating Rink, Brookline, MA
- Frog Pond at Boston Common, Boston, MA
- Kelly Outdoor Skating Rink, Jamaica Plain, MA
- Kendall Square Community Ice Skating, Cambridge, MA
- Patriot Place Winter Skate, Foxboro, MA
- The Rink at MarketStreet Lynnfield, Lynnfield, MA
- Skating Path at Community Field, Holyoke, MA
- Walpole Ponds, Walpole, MA
- Worcester Common Oval, Worcester, MA
Outdoor Ice Skating in Maine
- The Brunswick Mall Rink, Brunswick, ME
- Coffin Pond Rink, Brunswick, ME
- Lishness Hockey Rink, Brunswick, ME
- Sugarloaf Outdoor Center Ice Skating Rink, Carrabassett Valley, ME
- Town Ice Rink, Eliot ME
- Knowlton Park, Ellsworth, ME
- Lee Twombly Pond, Falmouth, ME
- Jalbert Park Skating Rink, Fort Kent, ME
- Mill Creek Park Ice Rink, South Portland, ME
- Wells Recreation Center, Wells ME
- Orland H. Blake Skating Pond, Yarmouth, ME
Did we miss any? Leave a comment and help us grow our outdoor ice skating directory!