Grab your Teddy! It’s CMNH’ Annual Teddy Bear Clinic + Picnic! Thursday, August 10, 9-11:30am
Teddy Bear Clinic + Picnic, Thursday, August 10, 9-11:30am
Young visitors can bring in a favorite stuffed buddy or other toy for a check-up with our team of friendly teddy bear doctors from Portsmouth Regional Hospital. Our annual Teddy Bear Clinic, is a fun event that helps educate kids about what happens at the doctor’s office.
- Each child’s stuffed animal is checked-in and given an ID bracelet.
- Children take their animals in to meet with a volunteer doctor or nurse for a check-up.
- If needed, animals can be taken to the surgical table for stitches, band-aides and ribbons.
- Each animal receives a certificate of good health at the end of the process.
- After your check-up and before you leave, be sure to grab a snack to go!
Thank you to our Teddy Bear Clinic sponsor: Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
“Providing education is a big part of our jobs at Portsmouth Regional Hospital,” said Malachi Fisher, market director of trauma and neurosciences at HCA New England. “While we enjoy being out in the community at a wide range of events, stitching and patching up stuffed animals, and doing exams when the stuffed animals aren’t feeling well is by far one of the highlights for us. It helps keep us grounded. It’s just one of the reasons we love what we do.”
Teddy Bear Clinic with Dr. Lilly
The Teddy Bear Clinic + Picnic event will take place on Thursday, August 10th from 9am-11am. It’s included with your museum admission. To attend and participate, simply reserve the Thursday, August 10th MORNING play session (9am-Noon).
Children’s Museum of New Hampshire
6 Washington Street, Dover NH 603-742-2002