The Piscataqua Maritime Commission proudly hosts Sail Portsmouth once again in 2022 bringing Tall Ships to the New Hampshire Seacoast from Thursday, August 11 to Tuesday, August 16!
This year, three tall ships are coming to Portsmouth Harbor. Two will be open for tours. One will be running day sail trips out of the UNH Pier, New Castle. The ships come in in the Parade of Sail scheduled to start at 10:15, Thursday, August 11. The Parade of Sail kicks off Sail Portsmouth 2022 with the tall ships leading a flotilla of other vessels, both civilian, military, and municipal. They start at the mouth of the to Piscataqua River and end at the Memorial Bridge where the tall ships will turn around and head to their docks.
The tours are often the highlight of Sail Portsmouth, creating one of the busiest, event-filled summer weekends on the Seacoast. On the way to and from the ships, the maritime tent offers interesting exhibits, food and entertainment. Strolling through the crowds will be pirates and other characters in period costumes.
- Boat owners are encouraged to join the thrilling Parade of Sail up the Piscataqua and escort the ships to their berths.
- Witness the majesty of the Parade of Sail – good viewing spots are Four Tree Island in Portsmouth, Great Island Common and Portsmouth Yacht Club in New Castle, Ft. Foster in Kittery.
- Join the Parade of Sail in your private vessel.
- Come to the Welcoming Ceremony to greet our ships, their captains, crews, and open the festival.
- Under the tent find maritime Exhibitors, fresh food, and souvenir merchandise for pirates big and small.
- While in Portsmouth you should visit many of our historic maritime sites.
The full-rigged ship, Kalmar Nyckel and the Bermuda rigged, three-masted schooner Spirit of Bermuda will be open for tours at the Portsmouth Fish Pier across from Prescott Park.at the Portsmouth Fish Pier across from Prescott Park.
From the August 11 Parade of Sail to the Voyage to Gloucester on Tuesday, August 16, and the three days in between, the top-sail schooner Lynx will offer two, three and eight-hour sails from the UNH Pier, New Castle. See the Buy Tickets button at the top of the Home Page for a complete schedule.
A fun event for pirates of all ages! See here for a schedule of events!
Sail Portsmouth Tall Ships Festival
Fish Pier, just off Prescott Park in Portsmouth NH.
Thursday, Aug. 11 through Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2022