Roger Williams Park Zoo turns 150! Visitors will enjoy $1.50 admission (and more) on Sunday April 3rd!
Happy 150th Roger Williams Park Zoo!
See what special events RWP Zoo has in store for 2022!
What started as a scattered collection of small animals purely for entertainment has today evolved into one of our region’s foremost centers for conservation and environmental education. In 1986, RWP Zoo became the first zoo in New England to earn accreditation from the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. In 2018, the Zoo was humane certified by American Humane.
2022 will be filled with special activities and fun as the Roger Williams Park Zoo celebrates its
- April 1-3 Kick-Off Weekend
- April 2 – April 2 – Party for the Planet Earth Day Celebration! Free Saturday for Providence city
residents. In partnership with the Providence Parks Department and P3, exhibits about the
city’s parks and neighborhoods. Entertainment by Fiddle N’ Fun.
- April 3- Visitors will enjoy $1.50 admission, entertainment, treats from Dunkin Doughnuts and
more surprises. Watch how the animals celebrate the day with birthday treats, they couldn’t
leave them out of the party.
- Non-members require advance tickets, available online only
- The Zoo’s timeline will be shown through the zoo showing photos and sharing milestones from
through the years
- Surprises daily
One guest per day, for 150 days, will win a grab bag filled with commemorative goodies and
other treats starting on April 1. And follow RWP Zoo on social media for contests and ticket giveaways
- Photo opportunities throughout
Smile when you take a photo with Roger the Red Panda and a birthday cake. Look for other
historic markers that will make you say “cheese”
RWPZoo Spectaculars will be even more Spectacular
- Asian Lanterns Spectacular: April 13-July 4 (Wednesday-Sunday)
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular: September 29-October 31
- Holiday Lights Spectacular: Nov 25- -January 1 (Select nights)
- The Zoo is open every day except Saturday, June 25, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and
Christmas Day. Last entry at noon August 27, 2022.
- Zoo Hours: October 11 – March 31, 10 am – 4 pm; April 1– October 10, 9 am – 4 pm.
- The last admission is a half-hour before closing.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance online at TICKETS
Roger Williams Park Zoo is Rhode Island’s number one outdoor family and tourist attraction, and a leader in conservation efforts undertaken by a zoo of its size. As leaders in conservation and animal care – we create engaging experiences that empower guests to join us in conserving wildlife and wild places. Roger Williams Park Zoo is supported and managed by the Rhode Island Zoological Society and is owned by the City of Providence.
1000 Elmwood Ave
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to the WCKC e-newsletter!