This one’s a bit of a drive, but it’s nothing to all you Harry Potter fans!
To mark the birth of the Boy Who Lived, Keene merchants have transformed the city’s downtown into a recreation of the cobblestoned shopping district where Hogwarts-bound students stock up on all manner of fantastic goods.
Starting Tuesday, July 28, downtown Keene becomes Diagon Alley – a place where visitors can discover treats and treasures as they explore a variety of shops, creating a convincing, immersive and engaging world.
Don’t forget to wear your costumes (and masks!) and enter the costume contest!
- Grab some of your favorite sweets and baked goods as Life Is Sweet transforms the store into Honeydukes. Enjoy a Butterbeer Float, Dudley’s favorite Knickerbocker Glory and make your own Chocolate Pretzel Wand.
- While you’re there, stop by Eat More Cake and grab some of her favorite baked goods from the books, including Sorting Hat sweets in various forms like cake pops, cupcakes and chocolate frogs, Liquid Luck Cheesecake, House Flavor Macarons, Sorcerer’s Stone cake truffles and more.
- You can get potions and tonics for your beauty needs from B&B Salon, including the Hermione Hair Potion.
- Vicky Smith Artistry offers a full Pick your Potion menu including the Draught of Peace Scalp Treatment, Amortentia Deep Condition Treatment, or even Felix Felicis Gift Card Special. Please note that in-service treatments will need an appointment.
- You can visit Slug and Jigger’s Apothecary at Soul Emporium where you can learn all about magical herbs and stones, and even purchase a real spell casting kit. Don’t forget to look up for those flying brooms
- If you’ve ever wondered what Flitterbloom or a Dirigible Plum look like, you can visit the Secret Herbal Division of Catbird Flower Farm‘s Enchanted Gardens inside Soul Emporium. Grab the limited edition Magical Healing, Potions & Draughts and Hogwarts bouquets – all of which will include a paper rose made out of pages from the books.
- A few doors down you’ll find Twilfitt and Tatting’s at Beeze Tees where all of your clothing needs can be met and special Harry Potter face masks will be available.
- BadmamaBear creates hand made Harry Potter jewelry, signs and trinkets.
- Hannah Grimes Marketplace transforms into a magical world where you’ll find Madam Primperelle’s Beautifying Potions and Butterbeer creations.
- You can even grab stone necklaces representing stones from the book such as the Resurrection Stone and Sorcerer’s Stone from Geo-Graphic Gems.
- Espresso Patronum and much more will be available at Terra Nova Coffee, (48 Emerald St.), and just across the street you can grab magical treats for Wizards and Muggles alike at Firedog Breads.
- When you’re ready for that visit to the Three Broomsticks, you can visit Machina Kitchen & ArtBar for a full menu including drinks for each of the four houses.
- Find some of the Hogwarts House Elves preparing the Great Hall meals at Luca’s Mediterranean Cafe.
- Marauders Maps are available with any purchase at Life Is Sweet, and have a map to all participating vendors.
Harry Potter’s Magical Birthday Week
Merchants throughout downtown Keene
Tuesday, July 28 to Sunday, August 2, 2020; 11:30am-9:00pm