- This event has passed.
Pirates Cove Beach Cleanup
April 18 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AMFree
In an effort to protect the places we love, Seacoast Paddleboard Club (SPC) adopted Pirates Cove Beach in Rye, New Hampshire through Blue Ocean Society’s Adopt-a-beach program in the Spring of 2017.
Through this partnership, SPC members host a year-round community beach cleanup on the third Sunday of every month. Unless otherwise posted on our Facebook page, our clean up crews meet up at the white wall entrance at Pirates Cove Beach at 10:00 am for a short introduction about marine debris and why it’s important that we gather this beach debris data. Our beach cleanups typically last about 1.5 hours.
5 Things You Should Know About Our Pirate’s Cove Beach Clean Ups…
– SPC beach cleanups are typically held on the third Sunday of every month.
– Cleanups typically last for about 1.5 hours.
– SPC will provide all the supplies including bags, gloves, and data sheets.
– Volunteers are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask and bring hand sanitizer to reduce the risk of contracting or transmitting the COVID-19 virus (and really any other bad germs for that matter).
– Volunteer are also encourage to wear work gloves to minimize our use of disposable gloves and bring water in a reusable bottle.
– We suggest participants dress in layers and wear sturdy, close-toed shoes for safety.