- This event has passed.
Nature for Tots at Joppa Flats (Ages 3-6)
August 21 @ 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
An event every week that begins at 9:30 AM on Thursday and Saturday, repeating until August 21, 2021
The Joppa Flats riverside yard will be our outdoor classroom for families every week! Let’s learn about different animals and their habitats, discover the mysteries of weather and where animals go in winter, and do lots of hands-on science with songs, role play, and imagination.
- June 24 or 26: What Makes a Bird a Bird?
- July 8 or 10: What Can We Find in a Pond?
- July 15 or 17: Why is a Salt Marsh Salty?
- July 22 or 24: Who Lives in a Tide Pool?
- August 5 or 7: Where are the Bugs Hiding?
- August 12 or 14: What Will We Find on a Sandy Beach?
- August 19 or 21: Who Lives in a Tide Pool? (repeat)
Instructions and Directions:
This is not a drop-off class. All children must be accompanied by at least one adult, and all adults are expected to participate in the program.
Meet at Joppa Flats Education Center, Newburyport. Leaders will provide all field gear and equipment. Dress for the weather; use protection from biting insects. Program details will be forwarded in advance with details about what to expect and what to bring.
Instructor: Lisa Hutchings – Family and Early Education Coordinator
Audience: Family (suitable for children 3 – 6 years)
Adult $10.00, Child $8.00
Adult $14.00, Child $12.00
Registration is required.
Call 978-462-9998 to register. Online registration is not available for this program.