- This event has passed.
Friday Field Trips for Homeschoolers
May 14 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
One event on May 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM
One event on May 14, 2021 at 10:00 AM
One event on May 21, 2021 at 10:00 AM
One event on June 4, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Come explore what nature has in store at some of our most amazing wild places on the North Shore! Joppa Flats Education Coordinator Lisa Hutchings and her team will introduce families to local forests, beaches, and trails to make observations in nature, identify wildlife, and enjoy hands-on science activities outdoors. Sign up for one, some, or all!
Joppa Flats will provide all field gear and equipment. This is not a drop-off class; all children must be accompanied by at least one adult. All adults are expected to participate in the program.
- 4/16: Shorebirds & Minnows at Joppa Flats, Newburyport
- 5/7: Aquatic Insects & Tadpoles at Woodsom Farm, Amesbury
- 5/14: Warblers & Lodges at Beaver Pond Reservation, Merrimac
- 5/21: Tide Pools & Terns at Sandy Point State Reservation, Ipswich
- 6/4: Bluebirds & Butterflies at Appleton Farms, Ipswich
Instructions and Directions:
Prior to the program, you will receive an email with information on where to meet, parking and facilities details, driving directions, and other guidelines plus Covid-19 safety protocols. Dress for the weather and terrain.
Suitable for children 7 – 14 years
Joppa Flats Education Center
1 Plum Island Turnpike
Newburyport, MA 01950