- This event has passed.
Amesbury Holiday House – Lights Display!!!
December 15, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
An event every day that begins at 6:00 PM, repeating until December 23, 2020
COVID-19 has done it’s best to ruin 2020 but we’re not going to let it stop us from having another great season at the Amesbury Holiday House!
In order for our visitors to be able to enjoy our display safely, while following the Governor’s COVID-19 Order #54 “Gatherings Order” (no more than 25 people outside at a private residence), please observe the following:
1) WE’RE ASKING ALL VISITORS: PLEASE STAY INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE WHILE ENJOYING THE SHOW AND WAITING IN LINE TO WATCH THE SHOW. This is the biggest change for us this year, which is why we made it #1 on the list. In order to accommodate this change, we’ve shortened the show from 27 minutes to 15 minutes, and instead of only running the show once at 7pm, it will repeat every 20 minutes from 6-8pm (with static displays from 5-6pm and 8-9pm most nights). If a visitor just cannot see the show from inside their vehicle, no matter how hard they try, they can exit the vehicle (wearing a mask) but MUST stand in the area from the vehicle’s passenger side to the rope light, in between the vehicle’s bumpers, and a minimum of 6 feet from any other visitors AT ALL TIMES. If you violate this rule, whether inadvertently or not, you may jeopardize our ability to continue running our display for the many visitors that come from all around to enjoy it. PLEASE don’t violate this rule. You’ll force us to have to ask you to leave (nicely of course!)
2) THERE IS NO ADMISSION FEE. We will be accepting unwrapped toy donations in partnership with the Marines’ Toys for Tots program again. This year we will also be accepting cash donations at our in-person shows or donations via our Facebook page to help our very close friends, the Distefano family, whose 2-year-old daughter was diagnosed with late-infantile Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD). Unfortunately, MLD is fatal as there is no therapy or cure, however there are plenty of medically related expenses that our friends could use (y)our help with if you are able to contribute.
3) ENTER SOUTH MARTIN ROAD FROM ROUTE 150 / BEACON STREET, NOT SOUTH HUNT ROAD. Your GPS will tell you to go down South Hunt Road and then turn left onto South Martin Road. Don’t do it! You’ll find a barricade awaiting you with a sign that says the road is closed. Save yourself the trouble and embarrassment of having to figure out how to do a 3-point turn and simply turn LEFT onto Route 150 when you get off of I-495. It doesn’t matter if you’re coming from I-495N or I-495S, you turn LEFT. When you get to the blinking traffic light at the end of the road, you turn RIGHT onto Beacon Street which becomes South Martin Road once you round the corner.
4) PARK ON THE RIGHT-HAND (SOLAR FIELD) SIDE OF THE ROAD BOTH DURING THE SHOW AND WHILE WAITING IN LINE FOR YOUR TURN TO WATCH THE SHOW. Since all traffic will be travelling one-way (toward South Hunt Road / I-495) during show hours, we need the LEFT-HAND side of the road to be open for local traffic and/or emergency vehicles to pass through.
5) WHEN IT’S YOUR TURN TO WATCH THE SHOW, PARK WITH THE NOSE OF YOUR VEHICLE EVEN WITH THE TRAFFIC CONE CLOSEST TO THE VEHICLE IN FRONT OF YOU. IF YOU’RE THE FIRST ONE IN LINE, PLEASE PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD TO THE TRAFFIC CONE AT THE FAR END OF THE PROPERTY. We can fit 14 vehicles across the front of our property if visitors park the nose of their vehicle even with the traffic cones that will be set out nightly. The 5 minutes between shows will allow visitors who’ve just watched the show to vacate their parking spots and allow the next group of 14 vehicles to pull straight forward into their spots.
6) TUNE TO 91.1FM ON YOUR VEHICLE’S RADIO TO HEAR THE AUDIO FROM THE SHOW. Please keep the volume of your radio at a reasonable level, we want the neighbors to like us so we can keep doing this for years to come.
7) DIM YOUR HEADLIGHTS. We know some newer vehicles don’t exactly make this easy but we also know you’ll do your best to make sure everyone else gets the opportunity to enjoy our show without being blinded by any lights other than the ones in our display!
8) DON’T LITTER. Please take your trash with you when you leave.
9) OUR DISPLAY IS NOT INTERACTIVE. Please do not cross the rope light for any reason. Also, there may or may not be landmines. Not real ones, that would be illegal of course.
10) HAVE FUN! We want you to have a such a great time that you tell everyone you know about our display. We plan to keep growing and hope that the number of visitors, and therefore donations, do too! Please consider giving us a 5-star review on our Facebook page.
Thank you from the Mallett family!