Always the last Saturday in June, this year the festival will be on June 29, 2019! The South Berwick Strawberry Festival officially kicks off summer for this quaint, southern Maine town of South Berwick. All over town one can see the bright red, white, and green strawberry flags that not only line the main streets, but can also be seen flying from many houses. The day is filled with food, entertainment, games, and crafts.
For 44 consecutive years, hundreds of volunteers from the community of South Berwick, have come together for this locale centered tradition. As always, official Festival activities will take place only within the boundaries of Central School, located on Main Street, in the center of town.
Strawberry Tent, Food and Entertainment
- The volunteer staff will begin serving at 9:00am and continue until we run out of supplies. We will prepare and serve over 250 cases of fresh strawberries, 70 gallons of whipped cream, 300 dozen biscuits and 60 cheesecakes.
- The greater portion of the courtyard is ringed by a huge section of food booths offering items such as fruit cups and smoothies, hamburgers, hot dogs, fries and cold drinks, fried dough, lobster rolls, and entire BBQ chicken meals. In addition to shortcakes and cheesecakes, there will be a community pancake breakfast from at 6:00am–10:00am.
- Food items are prepared and sold by local non-profit groups that include The Fire Dept, Knights of Columbus, Masons, Rotary, local student groups and other non-profits organizations from the community.
- NEW! This year, we will be working with Reach for the Top Therapy to create a sensory area so that everyone is able to enjoy the festival!
- Entertainers draw crowds as varied acts perform a mix of folk music, jazz, rock, and dancing. Click here for the schedule of entertainment!
Old Fashion Trolley Rides
Transportation between overflow parking lots and the Festival grounds is FREE via an old fashion trolley ride. Running every 20 minutes from 9am-3pm. the trolleys will provide free transportation to the Festival from parking locations at Marshwood Great Works School on Rt 236, Community Center on Norton St, Powder House Hill, and Our Lady of the Angels Church Parking lot at 162 Agamenticus road.
The day’s activities begin at 8:00am, a 5 mile Road Race and 2.5 mile Fun Walk, sponsored by the South Berwick Recreation Department and local businesses, kick off from Marshwood Middle School on Academy Street.
Over 120 juried artisans will be on hand to display and sell their hand-made wares, including clothing, pottery, wood products, jewelry, paintings, photographs, candles, jams and dips, furniture, chocolates, fudge and much, much more. These crafters will be located both at the side of and in front of Central School.
South Berwick Strawberry Festival
Saturday, June 29, 2019; 9:00am – 4:00pm
Main Street, South Berwick ME