Arrrrrr… your ready for a 4 Miler, matey? The Kittery PTA is inviting pirates young and old, from far and wide for a jolly good time to see who is the fastest pirate on the seacoast!
Come join the Kittery PTA for a morning of fun for the whole family. Participate in the 4-mile road race, or grab the family and enjoy the 2.5 mile walk. The race’s venue is located in one of the most spectacular places on the Seacoast: Fort Foster, Kittery Point, Maine, filled with history, beautiful beaches and nature trails. The scenic course is flat with one hill right past the first mile mark. You can download our race course map here.
New this year, the race will coordinate with the Town of Kittery’s new Zero Waste initiative. Educational programs and events surrounding the Zero Waste initiative will be held after the road-race for all ages.
- Age-group awards for 4-mile road-race
- Free Kids Run at 9:30 am! Age group 4 years and under, 5-7 years, and 8-10 years.
- Live music from local band, Soulmate
- Best Pirate Costume Award, Fastest Teacher Award, Fastest PTA Parent Award and Business Team Award with most participants.
- Environmentally-friendly giveaway to the first 100 registered participants
- Healthy, delicious post race food options
- All race entrants receive a free admission into the park for the day
- Strollers and Baby Joggers allowed on the course
- Proceeds benefit the Kittery’s healthy kids program
Seaside 4-Miler Kittery PTA
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Fort Foster, Kittery Point
Walkers and Runners 8:30 am
Free Kids Fun Run 9:30am