FREE Holiday Vintage Trolley rides through Portsmouth & Exeter!
Looking for something FUN and FREE to do on the weekends leading up to Christmas? Take a trolley ride through downtown Exeter or Portsmouth! Trolley rides are free and shuttle you to various locations throughout the downtown areas. Use the shuttle to travel to different locations or just ride the loop and window shop. All aboard!
HERON Holiday Trolley – Exeter
Take a ride on the holiday trolley! Enjoy a night out shopping and dining in the downtown Historic District. Trolley stops along Water Street, Lincoln Street and Front Street. The trolley is a free service thanks to HERON (Historic Exeter Retail Owners Network).
- Friday, December 1, 2017, 5:30pm ‐ 9:00pm
- Friday, December 8, 2017, 5:30pm ‐ 9:00pm
- Friday, December 15, 2017, 5:30pm ‐ 9:00pm
- Friday, December 22, 2017, 5:30pm ‐ 9:00pm
Portsmouth Christmas Vintage Coast Trolley
Get ready to cuddle up with a free trolley ride through red-bricked Market Square, stroll through the snowflakes to the many eclectic shops, step back in time through living history at the festively decorated Strawbery Banke Museum, sample Portsmouth’s famous culinary specialties, or enjoy a first-class show at The Music Hall.
The free 15-minute loop Vintage Christmas Trolley shuttles patrons around the historic seaport this Saturday and Sunday afternoon and evening.
The FREE Vintage Christmas Trolley runs approximately every 15 minutes between 1:30pm-10:30pm on the following service days.
- Saturday, December 2 (no service between 4:00-8:00 PM for the Portsmouth Holiday Parade; service resumes after the parade)
- Sunday, December 3
- Saturday, December 9
- Sunday, December 10
- Saturday, December 16
- Sunday, December 17
*Please note there is a scheduled break in each service day from 3:15-4:00 PM.
Vintage Christmas Trolley Bus Stops
- Market Square
- Congress St./Vaughan Mall (The Music Hall)
- Court/Mark Sts. (Hotel Portsmouth)
- Court/Fleet Sts.
- Pleasant St./Junkins Ave. (Parrott Ave Lot)
- Hancock St. (Strawbery Banke Museum)
- Marcy St. (Prescott Park)
- Marcy/State Sts.
- Bow/Ceres Sts
- Deer/Russell Sts. (Sheraton Harborside)
- Hanover St. (Vaughan Mall)
- Hanover St. (High-Hanover Parking Facility)
- Market Square