Portsmouth, NH 03801
Website: Click to Visit
Visitors can keep the holiday spirit alive by touring five beautifully decorated houses at Strawbery Banke Museum. This 90-minute, fast-paced program, showcases seasonal and holiday traditions of years past. In small groups guided by a museum educator, participants trace the history of winter holidays and celebrations in New England and learn how traditions evolved, expanded, and changed over the centuries. Guided tours are offered on the hour and the last tour starts at 2 pm. Tour is recommended for ages 5+.
- CHASE HOUSE (1762): Explore the decorated Chase's family home, where winter was a time for entertaining and feasting.
- GOODWIN MANSION (1870): Experience the height of the Victorian period and a Christmas celebration as Mrs. Goodwin prepares a Victorian Christmas.
- SHAPIRO HOUSE (1919): Share in the experience of a Jewish immigrant family who came from Ukraine to Portsmouth in the early 20th century. Mrs. Shapiro prepares a Hanukkah celebration in her 1919 Russian Jewish kitchen.
- ABBOTT HOUSE (1943): Portsmouth is in the midst of World War II and the Abbotts await news of their soldier fighting in Europe.
- WHEELWRIGHT (1780): Experience how people dealt with the cold in the 18th century and learn how the winter months came to be a time of celebration.
Thursday, December 26 - Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Guided tours on the hour from 10 am - 2 pm
Adults $15, children 5-17 $10, children under 5 free.
Advanced ticket purchase recommended as a limited number of tickets are sold for each guided tour.
Thursday, 26 December, 2019
Other Dates For This Event:
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Cost:Adults $15, children 5-17 $10, under 5 free
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar