It will definitely not be "a cold day in January" when six seacoast groups strut their stuff in the second annual Live Free and Sing a cappella concert in Portsmouth, NH. Hosted by Portsmouth Pro Musica (PPM), the performance begins at 4 PM at St. John's Episcopal Church on January 26.
Performing groups, in alphabetical order, are The Afternotes, The Hilltoppers, Not Too Sharp, the Overtones, RMS 5, and the Stairwells. The catalogues of these groups range from pop to rock, to doo- wop and blues, gospel and roots, and show tunes.
PPM vice-president John Rice, also a member of the Overtones, created Live Free and Sing to showcase the region's a cappella talent from high school, college and adult choruses and choirs. He notes that "Each group brings something different to the table, and that's both fun and entertaining to watch."
- The Afternotes are a multi-generational group of female University of New Hampshire (UNH) alumnae.
- The Hilltoppers was stimulated by the musical arts program at Berwick Academy.
- Not Too Sharp is a male a cappella group from UNH.
- RMS 5 is from the Rock My Soul Gospel Choir.
- The Overtones is a group from Portsmouth Pro Musica.
- The Stairwells, had their origins in the early 1990's at Traip Academy in Kittery, ME.
- A Web search will provide samples from performances of most of these groups.
Tickets can be purchased at the door or on-line (www.ppmnh.org) and are $12 for adults, $10 For students and seniors.
Saturday, 26 January, 2019
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar