Family Volunteer Opportunity! Beach Clean-Up each month with Blue Ocean Society!
Do you have the spring cleaning bug? Start with the beautiful outdoors! Blue Ocean Society, a local non-profit dedicated to promoting awareness and conservation of the marine environment, hosts weekend clean-ups at our beautiful beaches along the seacoast. This is a great family activity that gets everyone outdoors and helps to get the beaches summer-ready!
All supplies will be provided! It is recommended to bring a pair of work gloves (to reduce the amount of rubber gloves used, natch).
Looking for your own community event? You can also organize your own Beach Clean-Up with family, friends, sports teams, school groups—anyone! Hey, this could even be an interesting birthday party idea? Contact the Blue Ocean Society and they’ll set you up with supplies and collection instructions.
Take a look at upcoming 2016 Beach Clean-Ups:
- Earth Day Beach Cleanups:
- April 16: 9:30 AM, North Beach, Hampton (meet at bath house across from Cinnamon Rainbows)
- April 16: 11:00 AM, Peirce Island, Portsmouth
- April 23: 11:00 AM, Seacoast Science Center/Odiorne Point, after Rescue Run 5K
- April 24: 1:00 PM, Salisbury Beach
- Saturday, May 14, 10:30 AM at Jenness Beach, Rye, NH. Sponsored by GXT Green
- Saturday, June 11, 10:30 AM at Jenness Beach, Rye, NH. Sponsored by GXT Green
Attend any one of the following organized beach clean-up events by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 603-431-0260. Visit their website for more information.
Beach clean-ups are typically conducted rain or shine, but if the weather looks “iffy”, call the office to check for rescheduled events.
Let’s do this!